AnHorn Medicines is a novel drug discovery company focusing on protein degraders and small molecular inhibitors targeting cancer, neurodegeneration, and aging diseases. Our mission is to develop new class of drugs BIGPRO® under the foundation of Targeted Protein Degradation (TPD), to address a broad range of life-threatening and life-impairing diseases.
We are seeking a qualified, highly motivated individual for the position of Medicinal Chemistry Assistant/or Associate Investigator. The successful candidates will work in teams to develop, implement and perform organic reactions for ongoing Medicinal Chemistry team. The person should be motivated to contribute intellectually in a dynamic team environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Drug structure design
• Search and design of synthetic pathways of drugs
• Experimental design and execution of organic synthesis
• Lives the AnHorn Values
• Support other activities as required by the manager
• Comply with all relevant company policies, procedures and work practices
• MS or Ph.D. in organic or medicinal chemistry with 1~5 year relevant experience.
• Excellent synthetic skills and a solid knowledge of modern separation methods (e.g., MPLC, HPLC) and characterization techniques (e.g., NMR, MS, LC/MS, GC/MS & IR).
• Experience in the synthesis of complex organic molecules using traditional carbocyclic and heterocyclic chemistry, and modern synthetic methodologies.
• Good data presentation skills and communication skills in synthetic organic concepts.
• Self-motivation and ability to work as a collaborative team member are essential.
• Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills are a must for a Ph.D. candidate.
AnHorn is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.