AnHorn Medicines is a dynamic drug discovery company focusing on the development of next-generation targeted protein degradation therapies. AnHorn’s AI-platform enables for the discovery of more drug-like, orally bioavailable protein degraders.
We are seeking a qualified, highly motivated individual for the position of “Pharmacology and Toxicology, Associate Investigator”. The successful candidates will work in teams to develop, implement and perform in vivo pharmacology and toxicology studies for ongoing discovery projects. The person should be willing to accept various challenges and work in a dynamic environment and being proactively motivated to contribute her/his knowledge and talent to the research team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct various Xenograft tumor mouse model to evaluate tumor growth inhibition of potential compounds
- Establish new animal models to evaluate in vivo efficacy in newly developed research projects
- Perform routine administration via IV, IP, SC, PO and blood sample collection in mice and rat
- Conduct toxicology and safety pharmacology studies
- Analyze study results and present study data at department meetings
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other R&D members in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Support other activities as required by the manager
- BS in life sciences with at least 3 years of relevant experience in industry or academic setting
- Excellent hands-on in vivo skills: IV, IP, SC, PO dosing, tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection
- Experience with xenograft or orthotopic tumor models
- Experience with toxicology and safety pharmacology studies
- Demonstrated ability to integrate knowledge from literature
- Proficiency in basic data analysis software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism) is required
- Excellent communication, time-management/organization, and presentation skills are necessary
- Willing to accept unknown challenges
- Experience with pharmacokinetic study in dog and irritation study in rabbit is a plus
AnHorn is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.